Food processors have always made ameture cooks’ life easier and smoother as a kitchen appliance. Every homemaker wishes to have a food processor in their kitchen as a helping hand. Who wouldn’t want a little help with messy kitchen duty?
They reduce mess and use lesser manual strength to chop, shred, and grate fresh produce and cooking ingredients.
In my personal experience, not all food processors are good handy appliances. Some of them can be lousy and require constant repairing and maintaining. When a food processor requires constant repairing, the efficiency and effectiveness declines over time.
To avoid this inconvenience with your food processor, I have come up with a list of best food processors in 2020. To make your purchasing experience much smoother, I have picked out the best rated and well known brand food processors.
In the kitchen appliance sector, Breville is one the pioneering brands. This Australian company started off with small appliances before reaching the US.
- A set of 5 multi-functional discs and three blades that can be used to slice, chop, grate, and puree your food. These blades are very convenient since they are easy to attach and lock which gives it a steady grip.
- A feature to love about this is that it is BPA Free processing bowls. They are built with sturdy and non toxic materials which is perfect for a kitchen appliance.
- Since these food processors are compact in size, they can be stored easily in any kind of kitchen, whether it is a small studio kitchen or a master kitchen for your family.
- The appliance has an LCD screen that makes it very convenient to operate and manage without giving a newbie a hard time.
- Multi purpose is the best feature of this appliance. They can be used for kneading, beating a dough. Their performance is best while chopping, cutting, shredding, and grating.
- Easy operation– The appliance is best known for its convenience to make use of it without having to read through the manual book for hours. The LCD screen will display your options.
- Wide Chute– With this feature, you will not have to cut the ingredients prior to the actual food processing. It saves a lot of time in the entire process.
- Non- toxic materials– The food processor jar is made of non toxic material, such as a BPA free appliance. This makes sure to not hinder your family’s health.
- Space saving product– Breville is a very compact appliance, it is not bulky for it to require a lot of space on your kitchen station or cupboard.
- Expensive product– The appliance is comparatively expensive from other food processors.
- Poor Customer Service– In case your food processor stops functioning mid way, you may not find a way to contact the company and seek a solution.
Cuisinart holds the highest and most prestigious rank in the food processing market. I have used this appliance previously, and I recommend this product to anyone wanting to invest in a food processor.
- If you are looking to have a very edgy and elegant looking food processor for your kitchen. This is the right product for you. It brings together and enhances the entire look of your kitchen without a doubt.
- The food processor has multiple blades for different purposes each. The various ranges include slicing, chopping, shredding, and pureeing.
- Cuisinart DFP-14CWNY has a capacity of 14-cups at a time. This is a relief to a cooking enthusiast who cooks for their family or a large number of guests.
- You will not need to chop vegetables prior to the actual food processing. The appliance has a large and long feeding tube which is required to push down the whole vegetables.
- Large capacity– The appliance has a large capacity of intaking and processing food up to 14 cups at a time. This is a heavy advantage of Cuisinart since you will not have to make batches which is time consuming.
- Multiple prep functions– The food processor has up to 8 varieties of functions which enhances its credibility to be the top food processor in the market.
- Stainless steel Blades– The blades are made of stainless steel which makes it slice through vegetables or shred vegetables without any risk of breakage of the blade. The blades are slim and sharp due to its material.
- Noiseless operation– The appliance does not make any harsh and loud noise while it is performing its task of processing food as desired by the operator.
- 3 Year warranty– The product has a warranty of 3 years which is a boon since a food processor is regularly utilised in a household, it may stop working due to vigorous usage of it.
- No customer service– The appliance does not have a customer service which is a drawback to this great user friendly food processor.
- Poor Plastic quality– After a vigorous usage of this food processor, the plastic begins to disintegrate. This is a bad sign especially if the mechanical parts of your appliance is still functioning while the plastic is ruining.
This brand of kitchen appliance is most consumed for household care. They have a wide range of various kitchen appliances and accessories like grills, cookers, and ovens.
- If you are a couple living alone, or you live by yourself. This is the right choice of food processor for you since it is made for the purpose of serving small amounts.
- It has a pitcher that has a capacity of 72 ounces at a time. That is ideal to make smoothies or other sweet treats for you or your loved ones.
- This food processor allows you to knead up to 2 pounds of dough in less than a minute. It has other cups and bowls in which you can prepare refreshing juices up to 16 ounces at a time.
- In case you have a baby at home, this food processor is the best baby food processor. It can handle and give optimum satisfaction with small amounts of intake.
- Easy Setup– Since this appliance set has multiple tools, cups, and bowls, it could get a little confusing and exhausting to set up and check for proper functioning which is not the case with Ninja Mega Kitchen System.
- Dishwasher safe– You can toss in the utensils and accessories into the dishwasher without any hesitation since they are dishwasher friendly.
- Handles small amounts of food– Most of the food processors do not function ideally when a small amount of food is put in the blender. The blades find it hard to perform their duty.
- Ideal for drinks, smoothies, and salads– The food processor isn’t ideal for shredding, slicing or any other chopping duty. However it is extremely recommended to make smoothies and juices.
- Cleaning issues– The pitcher of this food processor requires it to be cleaned by hands. You cannot pop them into the dishwasher as it may not do its job.
- Not suitable for some tasks- If you want to emulsify food, this is not an ideal food processor as it may not meet with your expectations. It fails to incorporate different ingredients which may be unpleasant for the consumer.
This appliance has been in the field since decades. Out of all ranges, this version is the best for small households. If you are looking for something compact, this might seal the deal for you.
- The design is so compact that it can fit into any small kitchen cabinet or counter. They are a sleek look for any kitchen decor while serving the actual purpose.
- The heavy duty blades can easily shred hard vegetables and other ingredients. The chute is long and tough to give a positive outcome after shredding, slicing, or pureeing your produce.
- In Case you thought that since this appliance is very small and compact you may have to dce up vegetables. Well, that’s not necessary with this appliance as it can intake whole fresh produce.
- A unique feature available in this appliance is if you ever need to store your processed food in the jar, you can just unlock the blade and fix it on the roof of the lid.
- Compact design– The product is so compact that it could literally fit any type of kitchen by consuming minimal space.
- Small food processing– If you want to process small amounts of food, this could do the job for you.
- Heavy duty motor– You don’t have to hesitate if your fresh produce might harm your appliance since it can be dense and rough. The motor can withstand hours of food processing without slowing down or giving up halfway.
- Dishwasher friendly– The accessories of the food processor are dishwasher proof. This is a huge relief to a lot of consumers since it is quite a task to wash it with hands.
- Not ideal for some tasks– The food processor is not ideal for nut butter and other sorts of pureeing.
This food processor is the most versatile, presentable, and affordable in its competition against other food processors in the market. It has some of the much needed consumer friendly features to explore
- This food processor has a juicer too, which makes it to a whole package as a kitchen appliance. This is rare in case of a lot of food processors with a whole package.
- This version of Braun lets the operator have a full control over the speed of the food processing. It comes with 11 different speed options with a pre set speed function.
- This product delivers the job in 900 watts of power during the use. It is a great steal compared to the food processors at this price.
- Besides these features, it comes along with other great tools to wrap up your task with minimum mess and convenience.
- One more sleek feature of this appliance is that it is dishwasher friendly. All the blades, jars, and other tools.
- Space saving design– The food processor is designed to fit the compact idea of a kitchen appliance. Since a lot of food processors are bulky and heavy, they cause inconvenience to the user.
- Ample capacity– The food processor can process up to 12 glasses in one go. This is an undeniable feature for such an affordable price.
- Multiple speed options– Braun has multiple speed options to suit the operator’s taste and choice during the usage of the appliance.
- Quiet operator– Unlike the previous food processor, this one isn’t lousy and disturbing. Many buyers look for this feature in a food processor.
- Makes some noise– When harder vegetables are put into the appliance, it will make some noise while shredding or slicing.
For Americans, KitchenAid is the go to appliance brand. Regarding the productivity and functioning of this appliance, there’s no doubt or exception.
- Homecooks who prefer their food and produce fresh and simple will be admiring this kitchen appliance since it meets both the measures.
- The jar of the food processor has a pouring snout which helps you to utilise the fresh produce instantly, whether it may be cause, juice, or a smoothie.
- The device has a pulse button option along with other dual speed modes. This feature lets you play around and find your ideal customised speed mode.
- You can dismiss the used jars and accessories into the dishwasher without hesitating.
- Compact Lightweight Design– The design is so lightweight and compact that it will barely take up space.
- Safe Locking System– The blades have a lock and unlock feature for the safety of the user ncase the blade moves from its position while at a high speed.
- BPA Free– The device is not made of toxic materials that could possibly harm your health or pollute the environment.
- Tricky Lid– Some reviews on this product have complained that the lid is quite tricky to put on and off which leads to inconvenience experienced by the operator.
- Expensive– The product may be small and very simple, it is still expensive for all the features you could avail.
1. What is the correct way of using a food processor?
Using a food processor is not that hard. You do not require to learn rocket science to know how to operate a food processor. However I am not saying that they are incredibly easy to use. Each model from a different brand has various methods to use the appliance. They have manual instruction books for every single model you purchase.
You simply need to plug in your appliance into an outsource for it to turn on. Place your desired produce into the bowl, or into the food pipe. Secure the lid in the place. Lock it and you can begin to process your food on the desired speed settings. On the side note, be very careful while you feed produce into the food chute.
2. What are the different things a food processor can do?
A high quality food processor always comes with different blades and accessories to make your experience even smoother and richer. But what exactly are the tasks a food processor can do?
- Kneading dough
- Cutting butte into the flour
- Making salad dressings
- Julienne vegetables
- Slicing or shredding vegetables finely
- Making purees and sauces
- Making chunky and creamy dips
- Grinding meats, nuts, and seeds.
These are a couple of examples of what a food processor can do.
3. What can i do when my food processor suddenly stops working in the middle of the processing?
What you should be aware of is that every food processor has a safety fuse that’ll make sure to not overload with risks of burning or busting. This is one of the reasons why your food processor stops working when it overloads.
To solve these issues, you need to let your food processor cool down for 20 to 30 minutes by unplugging it from the outsource. If it still doesn’t help then you will have to contact the company service.
4. How can you clean the stained parts of the food processor?
Every time a food p[rocessor is used, there will always be something stuck in or around the blades and other nooks and corners of the jar. This leads to foul smell and discoloration if it is not cleaned well. I suggest you use vegetable oil. Wipe the jar and other dirty accessories with vegetable oil before you put them to wash. This will melt down any stubborn residue.
5. Is it okay if i process hot ingredients in my food processor?
The problem here is that food processors are exclusively manufactured to process cold food only. Check your device’s manual book for instructions that guide you. Check for the highest temperature of food you can process. If you avoid the instructions and precautions. You might risk a motor overload and deformation.
Now that you have a clear cut idea about how food processors work and which ones are best suitable to you. You can proceed to invest in a nice food processor of your desire and start serving some delicious delicacies.