My mother always has a good belly laugh to see the oven mitts eat more than half of my hands and arms. Yes, I have small hands. It is not embarrassing but infuriating to not find oven mitts that fit my hands properly.
It is extremely annoying when oven mitts slide off your hands, especially to a baker. To save myself and all of you readers with small hands from a funny yet upsetting situation, I have listed out perfect oven mitts for small hands that come with or without pot holders.
Have you ever felt your hands getting hotter and hotter when you’re carrying your hot pot from kitchen to dining table? Or burn your wrists by touching the sides of your hot utensils?
These oven mitts are perfect in such a situation. Luckily, these oven mitts measure around 13.7 inches long by providing enough heat protection.
- The product comes with a pair or two silicon insulated mitts measuring around 7 inches in both length and width.
- A pair of two pot holder trivets having the same textured grip of silicon. This makes sure you can esy hold or lift pot handles without the danger of burn or spil.
- The oven mitts are made of silicon which provides superior grip. Since the material of the oven mitts are silicon, you do not have to worry about slipping hot dishes on your hands and wrists.
- HOMWE is heat resistant gloves specifically made for small hands. The unique features is that it can withstand temperature up to 232 degree C (450 degree F)
- Impressive Safety– These oven mitts are a perfect choice for BBQ grills. They can withstand high heat and burns.
- Waterproof- the mitts are waterproof and easy to maintain and wash.
- Durability– The material is not ordinary which tends to make it long lasting compared to other oven mitts available in the market.
- Comfort– These gloves provide extraordinary comfort and dexterity to the wearer.
- Heavy duty gloves– These oven mitts withstand heavy duty without a threat or danger to the utilizer.
- Awkward Grip– These mitts are known to be a little uncomfortable to wear and hold utensils. All due the thick material it is made of to protect the wearer from burns.
HOMWE Silicone Oven Mitts and Potholders are rated a 4.8 out of 5 on amazon.com with a global rating of 6000+. To have your own first impression of this product, check out the link provided below.
While a lot of oven mitts are falsely advertised in the market for its qualities that fail to perform during its utmost requirement. This brand of oven mitts is most trustworthy and approved quality oven mitts.
- These oven mitts are made with FDA Certified Food-grade silicone, perfectly suitable for small hands with high heat resistance proof.
- Frux oven mitts are manufactured for customers who regularly bake and use BBQ grills. They can resist an extreme heat up to 500 degree F that is 260 Degree C.
- These are generously around 13.5 inches long mitts. They cover the hands and wrists from any hazardous injuries.
- The texture is lifted for non slip grip quality. That means it is also convenient to open a jammed tight jar.
- BPA Free– Frux oven mitts are BPA Free which makes it very safe to use for you and your family.
- Quality Material– 50% of the oven mitts are made of cotton and the rest of the material made of quilted polyester inner lining which makes them extremely comfortable to wear and carry on with your chores.
- Convenient– Incase you feel so, you can pull out the inner lining of the mitts while you clean them. In case you are worried about losing the lining, the lining is sewn at the seams.
- Durability– The product has an extended durability compared to other oven mitts with versatility.
- Ideal size– These oven mitts will not fit hands that are small. These are specially manufactured for small hands which is the major drawback of this product.
- Hinders mobility– The thumbholes of these oven mitts might hinder your mobility since they might not be size appropriate or not proportionate.
More than 85% of the ratings have rewarded this product a 4.8 out of 5. Although rating and reviews are not going to clarify all your doubts and curiosities. I have attached an amazon link below of this product.
If comfortability is your top priority, KitchenAid Asteroid is the match made for your kitchen and baking skills. They are not the most heat protectant, which basically defeats the purpose of it.
- These oven mitts are made of heat resisting cotton lining which can resist up to 500 Degree F which is 260 Degree C. It is a win-win situation since the oven mitts are both comfortable and heat resistant.
- The oven mitts are made up of textured grip to grip hot utensils to avoid the risk of slips and burns.
- These oven mitts come in a pair of 12.5 inches in length. It’s a decent size to over and protect small hands and wrists.
- High Heat Resistant– These gloves are made up of cotton that is heat resistant up to 500 degree f which is very impressive for a cotton material oven mitts.
- High Grip Quality– KitchenAid Asteroid Cotton oven mitts are made of cotton for comfort but they have a gripping texture in it which makes it reliable to lift heavy dishes or utensils without the danger of burn or spil.
- Easy Wash– These oven mitts are easily washable since they are made up of cotton and the texture is not water resistant which makes it easy to soak and rinse stains and dirt.
- Fashionable– These oven mitts are very stylish if you are an extravagant baker. It has a heart shaped silicon pattern which gives the mitts a cuter and appealing look.
- Size Issues– These oven mitts might not be completely ideal for small hands. They might be comparatively a little bigger in size for small hands.
- Low Protection– Heat may pass through the layers of the cotton if a hot dish or utensils is held on to for too long.
Sicen these oven mitts are slightly pricer than other oven mitts in the market, the ratings are according to buyers a 4.6 out of 5, which is pretty good for a pricey yet fancy oven mitts. You could check out the product on amazon by yourself straight through the link underneath.
4. DII Cotton Terry Pot Holders
These potholders are very fashionable and attractive since they come in various sizes and colors. The most admirable quality of these potholders is the comfort and convenience it provides during its use.
- These potholders are made of terry cloth on one side (a kind of material used to make towels) while the other side is made of Silverstone Lining.
- The set includes three pieces of pot holders which allows you to interchange when required as per your convenience.
- To make sure the grip is firm and reliable, the potholder materials are quilted together.
- Content– The set consists of three potholders instead of two which is pretty rare in a lot of cases in the market.
- Durable Material– These potholders are made of durable material and quilted together for its increased longevity.
- Strong Grip– These potholders are made of two separate materials that are quilted together that makes sure the potholders have a strong grip.
- Not Dryer Proof– Since these potholders are made up of terry cloth and lining, they cannot be put in the dryer and dried since it might ruin the material.
- Not waterproof– DII Cotton Terry Pot Holders are not water proof since they are not made up of silicon or rubber material for the slip to not stain or dirty the potholders.
These oven mitts are at the most affordable price. With a range of multiple colors, they are globally rated more than 9000. If you find this information enough to drive you towards the link, here it is.
This potholder set is unbelievably versatile and multipurpose. It may not look appealing if you don’t like simple and minimal designs in your kitchen ware or dining ware.
- This product is known for its multipurpose use since it is not a cloth based material like most of the potholders available in the market, but a silicone built potholder which is the best material to hold sizzling hot dishes and utensils.
- The silicone built potholder is heat resistant up to 442 degree f. The surface is manufactured with raised circular patterns.
- Since the silicone pot holder is heat resistant, the heat from a hot utensil will not pass down to your counter surface table.
- Heat Resistant– Since the body of the pot holders are made of silicone, a hot casserole pan can be placed right on you table with this underneath so that the grease doesn’t stain and seep through your table cloth.
- Flexibility– Since these potholders sare flexible, they can be bent and stretched into any convenient way to suit your choice.
- Great for Gripping– The product can be used to grip heavy utensil and open jammed jar cans. The silicon dotts help in holding a strong grip around any utensil.
- Versatile utilization– This potholder can be used as a hot spoon rest, as a trivet, as a coaster, as a jar opener.
- Washable– Love Kitchen Premium can be washed with detergent by hands or tossed into a dishwasher.
- Discomfort– These potholders have only one slight disadvantage, it is that they are not as comfortable to hold as a cotton or terry material pot holder that is available in the market.
These mitts might not have the best appealing ratings and price, however all the amazing features of this product will cancel out the price. An amazon global review of around 2000 with a 4.7 out of 5 is good enough to check out the link below.
Grill Armor is oven gloves with fingers. They are extremely heat resistant which is up to 932 degree F. This feature makes it the best out of all the oven mitts, and a winner product.
- Since these oven mitts have fingers, they are extremely flexible and comfortable. This is not provided by most of the oven mitts, both, comfort and heat resistance.
- The product is insulated with durable M-ARAMID (meta-aramid) & P-ARAMID (para-aramid), which is just the same as Nomex and Kevlar.
- The gloves are heavy duty product with 100% cotton lining inside and non slip silicone strips outside.
- Convenience– The gloves are convenient which makes the best choice to use around grills and ovens in your yard.
- Comfort– The gloves are made of 100% cotton lining inside. Which does not hinder but enhances the experience of the wearer.
- Popular choice– Since it is highly heat resistant. The gloves make it easier to remove pies out of ovens without damaging or ruining the outer delicacy of the pies.
- Heavy Duty Friendly– The gloves have silicon strips on the outer lining which makes it easier to pick up heavy pizza stones or flip burgers without the need of spatulas.
- Only for small hands– Grill Armor is specifically made for people with small hands. Since the finger space and grip makes it extremely desired by all the bakers and food enthusiasts out there, it puts the product in disadvantage on this.
The gloves are the most expensive out of the list I have created for oven mitts suitable to small hands. They are rewarded a 4.5 out of 5 on amazon.com with a global rating of around 1000+. If you are wondering to give it a shot, the link below will lead you straight to the product’s purchase page.
I have small hands which makes it harder to choose between mittens and gloves. Which is better?
This mainly depends on the size of your hand and the design of the oven mitts and gloves. With personal experience, I’d say oven mitts are far more suitable for small hands. Because the gloves have different lots for each finger which might not fit properly which will lead to discomfort and danger. An oven mitt slides on collective fingers.
Can I use oven mitts as pot holders?
You can obviously use oven mitts as pot holders. Both the kitchen accessories have similar traits and purpose.To handle sizzling hot utensils without any risk of burn or slip.
Could these oven mitts be used by children?
If your children like baking, it is better to buy a pair of oven mitts meant for kids. These oven mitts are for adults with small hands and not for children since they have small hands. It is very unsafe for children to use adult oven mitts.
How do I clean oven mitts?
This differs from product to product, Every oven mitt has its own guidelines on how to clean and maintain oven mitts. Special washing procedure is required for some oven mitts. Some mitts can be washed in the dishwasher. While the others require to be soaked in detergent water and scrubbed with a wet cloth.
Is it necessary to have a pair of oven mitts and not just a single oven mitt?
It is not absolutely necessary to own a pair of oven mitts. However it is more convenient to use both hands in the process, it provides a wider range of movements.