House is simply a building, made up of bricks but a home is made by a homemaker. As homes are incomplete without homemakers likewise homemakers are incomplete without a kitchen.
Kitchens are the hardest working room and an important part of our house. The kitchen needs to be designed in an organized way so that it can tempt your mood while cooking. A neat and mess-free kitchen space keeps your mind relaxed and stress free.
To improve your kitchen designs and styles, here are some kitchen renovation ideas that can be done into your budget.
- Try using marbles in your kitchen to make your kitchen look more decent and classic. You can go for Carrara, Statuary, Calacutta or Crema Marfil marbles for your kitchen countertop.
- Create a workspace, that can lead to more exposure. Working in a compact area can make you feel uncomfortable, so go for a larger area size.
- Subway tiles are popular because their classic appearance never looks dated or out of style. And they will definitely fit in your choice.
- Use the Open Kitchen Concept. It will truly change your kitchen look.
- Hardwood Flooring- For giving your kitchen a more advanced and fine look, you can choose to install hardwood flooring instead of tiles. Hardwood Flooring has a lot more advantages such as Waterproof, Scratch and Dent Resistant and also it can be installed very easily.
- Industrial Style Lightning which can definitely impact a lot.
- Traditional Cabinets- Among the most important things in the kitchen, Cabinet wins the list. They are the most important part of kitchen remodeling. A great choice and texture of cabinets can seriously swing your mood.
Kitchen Cabinets are the built-in furniture either on a wall or on floor, installed in maximum of the advanced kitchens for several purposes such as for storing food items, kitchen equipment and often silverware and dishes for table services. Cabinets consist of six-sided wooden boxes closed on rest five sides with a door or drawers on the sixth. Appliances such as refrigerators, ovens and dishwashers are usually integrated into the kitchen cabinetry.
Cabinets can be categorized in terms of its stylish appearance, high functionality and guaranteed durability. Kitchen cabinets are available in different colors, sizes, brands, ideas, materials, and also its maintenance, rate of resistance to water, dependency of durability, strength, can make it fluctuate by its rate and cost. They come in numerous styles and finishes.
Our choices depend on personal preferences, taste, ideas and trends. But functionality is something that one can not ignore including its quality. Most of the time it happens that people make their choice according to the budget they have with them. Thus for filling up your cooking space with the best kitchen cabinets, according to your specifications, measurements, and style you desire, you need to know more about the different cabinets, materials, stains, colors, style, brands, layouts available in the market and then decide what suits your kitchen.
There are 3 basic types of cabinetry in the market, classified based on its quality, stocks and availability. They are-
Types of Kitchen Cabinets –
- Stock Cabinets
- Semi-Custom Cabinets
- Custom Cabinets
Each type of cabinet provides different advantages depending on your needs and budget.
Stock Cabinets are also named as In-stock Cabinets. They are manufactured using quality measurements and styles. They are pre-manufactured in a factory and mass produced, so they tend to deliver quickly. They provide a fast and easy way to give your kitchen a fresh new look.
Stock Cabinets have limited selections for consumers. They are often less expensive than custom cabinets because of their limited options but they do not always fit the exact measurements of each kitchen. If you are working within strict time and budget parameters, stock cabinets can be an excellent option for you.
Here are some points, mentioning the pros and cons of Stock Cabinets.
Semi-custom cabinets are a mix between regular stock and fully custom built ones. These cabinets are available in more pattern, styles, features and options while compared to stock cabinets. Because of their more availability, they are less expensive than custom cabinets. Semi-custom cabinets are cabinet units that are premade with fewer options than custom cabinetry.
Semi-Custom cabinets are preferred more in terms of quality than stock cabinets but not comparably as good as custom cabinets. With more flexibility and options, semi-custom cabinets offer you choice in sizing and design that are not available with stock cabinets.
Here are some points mentioning the pros and cons of Semi-Custom
The greatest number of options is found in Custom Cabinets. They offer the owner a huge variety of options for customization, including the material choice, choice of color, details, layout, your convenient size and dimensions. They give you a wide range of choices to make in terms of wood types, finishing options, construction platforms and modifications.
The Kind of dream kitchen you want is easily possible with this choice of cabinet. It’s built to your specifications, you have complete freedom and ownership in your designs. You can go for any designs and sizes you want in your kitchen.
Here are some points mentioning the pros and cons of Custom Cabinets.
Knowledge of the good Material plays the most important role while choosing your cabinets. Take decisions of the materials that define your needs, features, looks and have amazing durability and ultimate functionality.
Kitchen Cabinets are mostly made from wood and wood-based materials as they last for a longer period of time. The most popular of these materials include- hardwood, plywood, medium-density fibreboard (MDF), particleboard and wood veneer. However, the kitchen cabinets aren’t exclusively made from wood. It totally depends on the atmosphere and aesthetic you want in your kitchen and for that you may opt for glass cabinets as well.
Hardwood is a solid wood. They are the most durable material for kitchen cabinets. Hardwood types such as hickory or maple, are resistant to scratches and dents more than softwood species such as walnut and mahogany. But the hardwood species cost more than softwood because of its durability and overall quality.
Plywood is the best option for cheap kitchen cabinets. They are the least expensive and lowest-quality option. While you can still go for MDF (Medium-density fiberboard) or particle board cabinets. They are made from recycled fibers, resin and wax pressed together under high pressure. MDF has strength and a smooth surface.
Every choice depends on the quality and condition and when it comes to cabinet doors, we highly recommend MDF wood. When it comes to strength, plywood comes on top leaving MDF behind because MDF is a softer material than plywood and tends to sag or split under pressure.
Depending upon the kitchen design and budget, you can go for maximum options available but I would choose hardwood material for my cabinets.
What is the budget? This kind of question is more often asked when you make your mind to buy something. Similarly, if you are going to install a new kitchen cabinet or planning another project around the home, saving money should be your top priority. There is a wide range of prices, allowing each budget to find the perfect fit. Each type of cabinet has its different advantages and budget range depending upon your needs.
The best kitchen cabinets that fit in your budget are the Stock Kitchen Cabinets. And If you have a healthy budget then definitely you should go for Custom Kitchen Cabinets.
It’s always an obsession for a kitchen person to keep the cabinet up to date with a modern makeover. With passing time, old designs and colors have been replaced by stylish trendy kitchen ideas that will stay modern for years to come.
Are you sure about the color you chose? Is that color combination right? These questions would often get stuck into your head. For answering these questions you need to have a proper idea about the cabinet material and the temperature that could affect it. Prefer the texture of colors that goes with your environment and style. Most importantly, before picking up any color always be sure about the weather and climatic conditions in your surrounding.
Usually, most of the people follow the rule that states – darker colors will make your space look smaller, while the use of light or white color enlarges the view of your kitchen.
Here is the list in favor of the most popular kitchen cabinet colors-
Layout refers to the shape, design or arrangement. Kitchen layouts are the specific arrangement of the countertops, stoves, sinks, refrigerators, ovens and other appliances in a different order.
There are 6 types of Modular Kitchen layouts widely used in most of the kitchens. They are-
- The One Wall Kitchen
- The Galley Kitchen
- L-shaped Kitchen
- U-shaped Kitchen
- The Island Kitchen
- The Peninsula Kitchen
- They are also termed as a single-wall kitchen.
- They are most suitable for the kitchens that have narrow and limited space.
- In one wall kitchen layouts, only one wall is engaged in combining the refrigerator, sink, countertops, storage areas and major appliances in such a way to save spaces.
|One wall kitchen layouts are cheap and easy to install.||Due to its smaller size area and single length it offers very limited space for counters making it difficult to work together at same time.|
|They are perfect and ideal for small houses and apartments.||They have a lack of storage space as compared to other layout patterns.|
|Minimum space doesn’t require any countertop surface and cabinets and thus, this kitchen layout will naturally save your money on materials cost.|
- A galley kitchen consists of two parallel runs of units forming a central corridor.
- The countertops can be seized with appliances like sinks, fridges, cabinetry and other major appliances.
|Galley Kitchens offer plenty of work space.||They are narrow and tight in space.|
|If your kitchen is small, this layout will fit in perfectly with elegant designs.||Galley kitchen provides limited storage.|
- L-shaped kitchen layout is the most popular designer layout and is commonly found in most of the kitchens.
- They are basically planned in open style kitchens.
|L-shaped Kitchens provide enough work space area.||Due to the expanded area, L-shaped kitchens require more work and cleanliness.|
|This kind of layout can add more value to your home.|
- U-shaped Kitchen consists of 3 sides of a kitchen area tucked-in with countertops, cabinetry and other appliances.
- They are the best choice for larger home kitchens.
|U-shaped kitchens are great for big families.||This type of kitchen requires more effort to clean the kitchen.|
|They offer plenty of space for counters or platforms.|
- Island kitchen acts as an informal dining area and includes more counter space, an eating area and storage area.
|They offer more storage area for your appliances, ovens, extra plates and other items.||These kitchen trends are not suitable for wiring and venting|
|They provide seating in the kitchen.|
|More than 1 person can work easily at the same time.|
- Peninsula Kitchens are quite similar to the island kitchen but it has its all sides connected to the wall.
|They add a little more separation between the kitchen and the living area||They are less efficient for larger kitchens.|
|Island kitchens are more preferred than peninsula kitchens.|
Now I guess it will become easier for you to choose the best layout for your kitchen.
Specifically, no one can exactly answer about the most demanding and top brands. Making a brand called as the best and finest one is totally dependent on the satisfaction of the customer. Thus depending upon the ratings and reviews, some top listed brands are given below.
Some of the top cabinet makers and kitchen brands are-
- American Woodmark is a kitchen and bath cabinets manufacturer. Its headquarter is present in Winchester, Virginia, United States.
- The quality provided is excellent and trustworthy.
- Thomasville Cabinetry is manufactured by MasterBrand Cabinets. And it is the largest cabinet manufacturer in North America.
- It manufactures versatile cabinet designs, door styles and exquisite color options to create a truly personalized look for each customer.
- KraftMaid Cabinetry is the leading manufacturer of “semi-custom” cabinets in the United States.
- This Cabinetry creates beautiful and classic kitchen and bathroom designs.
- Wellborn Cabinets are produced and manufactured in Ashland, Alabama, United States.
- They have a stock of semi-custom cabinetry, simple shaker cabinets and elaborately embellished formal cabinetry and so on.
Apart from these brands there are several more brands but the best ones according to the report of ratings, reviews and fondness of the customer are mentioned above.
- Solid wood
- 2 Locking casters
- Towel Holder.
- Drawer and cabinets
- Winsome Brand
- Dimensions – (W×D×H) : 26.9 in × 18.2 in × 34.3 in
- Rating – 4.6 out of 5 stars
- Wood Material
- 1 Adjustable shelf
- Prepac Brand
- Dimensions ( W×D×H) – 16 in × 32 in × 24 in
- Weight – 55 pounds
- Rating – 4.3 out of 5 stars
- Solid, Metal Materials used
- Adjustable Shelf
- 2 Shelves
- Weight – 54 Pounds
- Walker Edison Furniture Company
- Dimensions ( W×D×H ) – 32 in × 16 in × 32 in
- Rating – 4.8 out of 5 stars
- Melamine, Stainless Steel Materials
- Dimensions (H×W×D) – 36 in × 72 in × 34 in
- Weight – 276 lb
- Rating – 5 stars
- Wood Material
- Classic Cabinetry
- Chili Red Furnish
- 4 Adjustable Interior Shelves
- Lower Storage Drawer
- Dimensions ( W × D × H) – 30 in × 14 in × 47 in
- Rating – 4.5 stars
These are some good rated kitchen cabinets that are easily available online.
I hope this guide must have helped you to choose the Best kitchen cabinets on your budget.